The ALBA party conference weekend was a roaring success, members from all over Scotland came together, constituted the party and debated a wide range of policies and values for ALBA.
The results of the first-ever national office bearers were announced on the first day which was as follows…
- Party Leader : Alex Salmond
- Deputy Leader : Kenny MacAskill
- Organisation Convener : Stevie Graham
- Women’s Convener : Caroline McAllister
- Equalities Convener : Eva Comrie
- Membership Convener : Corri Wilson
- Local Government Convener : Mike MacKenzie
Honorary Life Memberships were awarded to Gareth Wardell (more commonly known as Grousebeater) and long time Scottish Independence activist Moira Brown who originally joined the SNP in 1955.
Day 2 Jack Foster from LBC News was in attendance.
There were further resolutions, fringe events and media.
Alex Salmond closed the conference with a very uplifting motivational speech and the announcement of the Wee ALBA book, (a follow up to the Wee Blue Book popular in 2014).
This announcement also sparked a reaction online.
The election of ordinary members to the NEC has also come to a close and the results shall be announced later this week.